Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Recycling Old Furniture

I have an older dresser that had a couple of broken drawers and an end table with drawers so I decided to use it for extra storage space in my office. They both had scuffs and other imperfections so I decided that I should paint them took look nicer and that way they match also. I went to Walmart and found a really nice green paint called Field of Greens. For the past several nights I've been painting the dresser and finally have it done. I'm going to let it sit and dry over the next few days before moving it to my office. The newly painted old dresser and soon to be painted end table with drawers will provide extra storage space for my herbs, tinctures, wound wash, blessing water, candles, bath salts, and etc. As for the dresser drawers, I plan on making signs out of the wood pieces and selling them. I'm going to get a few more colors of paint for that and I found a woman on ebay who lives in Kearney, Ne and she has some stencils that I like. So, those are my plans. I wanted to recycle everything instead of throwing the stuff out. My office isn't very big and I need the storage space too. I will post pics when I'm done with everything. I plan on changing my curtians and lamp shade also. Right now they are both a burgundy color, so going to try and find something close to the green I'm painting the furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment