Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pizza Pasta

Last night I wanted to make pasta, but do it in a way that was different than what I usually make. So, I came up with the following recipe and it was pretty good. I served garlic cheese bread with the pasta. I just buy garlic Texas Toast and put shredded mozzarella on it. Than cook it at 425* for 10-15 minutes. The following is the pasta recipe.

Pizza Pasta

1 1/2 lb. of ground beef
1 bag of mini pepperonis
1 box of wheat penne noodles
2 cans spaghetti sauce (I use Hunt's)
1 small can of mushroom bits & pieces

Brown the ground beef and cook noodles as directed on box. Drain both when done. Add ground beef to the noodles in a big pot. Add mini pepperonis (make sure to remove the moisture pack and throw away) and spaghetti sauce. Mix well and serve.

If you want you can add peppers, shredded cheese, sausage, Canadian bacon, and etc. I used what I had in the house at the time. Salad would be a great side dish to add to this meal as well.

1 comment: