Monday, April 16, 2012

Trip To The OBGYN

Finally have some medical coverage, so I made a trip to the Gyno today. I've been dealing with a hormonal imbalance for 3 years and 2 of that 3 years I couldn't afford to go to the doc. Anyway, I went in today and they did a pap smear, a Endometrial Biopsy, and blood work. The Endometrial Biopsy was painful and I'm having some cramping which is very uncomfortable and painful. They are testing for cervical and uterine cancer, hormonal levels, and checking my blood count and iron level. Hopefully all my tests will come back OK. Until then, I'm just sitting here waiting for the results. They also put me on Provera which is used for abnormal uterine bleeding. I'm hoping to get this problem taken care of and Provera should help.

The OBGYN and I also discussed Lap Band surgery. I'm very obese and I've struggled with my weight most of my life. With my hormonal issues I've gained even more weight. It's something I really want to do, but there are certain things I need to do first. I need to deal with my hormonal issues first, talk to the surgeon and find out everything there is to know about the surgery, and speak to a dietitian about meals and nutrition to make sure I make changes to keep the weight off. I of course would need to come up with a daily exercise routine. I'm a stay at home mom, so I know I can do this. I think making a lifestyle change like this is going to be huge, but it needs to be done. I have 4 kids that need me and I don't want to develop Diabetes or die from heart failure or have any other health problems for that matter.

That's what's going on with myself right now. My goals right now are to get my hormones under control and then start taking the steps to possibly have Lap Band surgery. It's a lot to deal with on top of trying to take care of 4 kids and the house, and trying to get my own business going. I'm very motivated to make all these changes. I need to do something. I can't keep letting my weight and medical problems hold me back from living my life. I just wish I would have had this attitude 10 years ago, but not going to dwell on the past and looking forward to my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment