Friday, June 24, 2011

On My Own And I'm Fine

Well, the hubby has been gone for 3 days. He and several other guys are out of town working. He is a sub-contractor and does construction. I am on my own in taking care of the kids, pets, and house. The pets are easy to take care of. It's easier to get other stuff done when I have Glenn here to take care of the pets. I usually don't take out the trash either because Glenn usually does it on his way out the door. Taking the trash to the back of the house isn't all that hard, but the hubby covers that chore. Even with Glenn being gone and me doing his chores, I'm still keeping up with the house and the kids. I seem to get more done when he isn't here than when he is here. I guess it's because I don't push myself to do as much when Glenn is around. I think that needs to change.

As I said, Glenn is out of town working. I sometimes forget how hard he works to take care of our family. It's hard to appreciate what he does when he's constantly starting arguments with me over nothing. If he wants respect he'll never get it while being so combative towards me. I believe a person should give respect to get it in return. Glenn refuses to see all I do for the family even though I don't work outside the home. I do EVERYTHING for our 4 children, I do most 90% of the cooking and cleaning just to turn around and hear that I do nothing. It's frustrating. It's been 9 years with Glenn and nothing has changed. I just hope he has more trips out of town. The kids miss him, so he will get a warm welcome from them when he gets home. I however, just don't care anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment