Friday, July 5, 2013

Goulash Recipe

So, I had a few peeps comment online that they wanted my goulash recipe, so I thought I'd do a blog post and share it with everyone! It's a very easy and cheap meal to make!

Ingredients needed:
1 1/2 pounds ground hamburger
1 box elbow noodles (I use Barilla)
2 jars any flavor spaghetti sauce (I use Barilla)
1/4 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
1 can diced tomatoes

1. Take the ground hamburger, onion, & green bell pepper and cook them on medium heat in a skillet. When browned drain the fat off the hamburger and set aside.

2. While the hamburger is cooking, take a large pot and cook elbow noodles as directed on the box.

3. After draining the macaroni, add the hamburger mix, can of diced tomatoes, and can of spaghetti sauce to it. Mix well.

4. Salt & pepper to taste.

Notes:

For a healthier version you can substitute ground hamburger with ground turkey. Also, you can buy whole grain wheat noodles which is what I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment