Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December Updates!


I've been super busy lately because of the holidays and taking the kiddos to all of their appointments. I need to do more blogs because there has been a lot going on with my family lately. So, here I am to catch everyone up on my life and all the craziness that is going on.

Health Checkups

For the last 6 weeks I have been running my kids around to all kinds of appointments. I made sure that they all got there flu shots this year. Brendan and Landon have been sick a few times so they had to go to the doc for that. I also made sure that I found a good dentist not far from our home for the kids to go to. Up until this year they have been going to the Health Dept. for their dental care, but I get so sick of waiting months for them to be seen. Now they have a regular dentist that they can see and it only takes a day or two to get them in. Lately we have had extra appointments due to Brianne and the problems that she is having. For that last couple years she has been having episodes like she is day dreaming and when she snaps out of it, she acts confused like she doesn't know where she is or what is going on. Her teachers and I have had a few meetings about it and we all came to the conclusion that it was possible that she was having mini seizures. Epilepsy does run on my biological dad's side of the family so I knew it was a possibility that it is seizures. I took Brianne to our doctor who then made an appointment to have an EEG done on her. We received results the same day that her EEG was abnormal. I have an appointment with the pediatric neurologist in charge of her case on January 10, 2013 to see what further tests need to be done. She also has an appointment to see her psychiatrist on January 8, 2013. She's been diagnosed with ADHD and they believe she is bipolar or schizophrenic on top of it, but they are working on her ADHD first. For her to have epilepsy or something worse on top of all this is heartbreaking for me. I hate watching her struggle with all of this. In the next few months we are hoping to get more answers.

Hard Times

Lately we have fallen on hard times. Glenn had job, but was only making $10 an hour which makes it very hard to pay bills with a family of 6 even with help. He just lost that job too, so things are going to get even worse. I'm selling off some of the products that I have made and even have my own website. I'm kind of getting frustrated though, because it's taking longer than I thought it would to get the word out and get a steady flow of products sold. I just started and I know it will take time, but I just don't want to fail. I found something I'm great at and I really want it to work. I don't expect to get rich, but would like a little more money coming in for our family. Glenn and I always find some way to pull through so I do have hope.

Charity

The 22nd of December was the 8th anniversary of Charity's death. I miss that girl so much and it brings me to tears every time I think about her. Charity was my hubby's little sister. She was also my best friend and like a little sister to me. I think the reason her death is so painful to me is because I feel partly responsible for her death. It was my irresponsible sister-in-law (brother's wife) that was the one driving the car and the one who over corrected it causing the car crash. She also knew there was a horrible ice storm coming and decided to make the trip anyway. Charity was the only one who died in the crash. I think it's just as horrible that she risked my niece's life, who was an infant at the time, by taking her on that trip as well. For the first few years I tried to play nice and pretend she wasn't to blame for what happened for my brother's sake. I couldn't take it any more and have not had a very good relationship with her or my brother for the past 5 years. We spent most of that time fighting and staying away from each other. I know that if Charity would have never met my brother's wife that she would still be here today. I feel awkward being around my hubby's family now, because sometimes I wonder if they partly blame me too.

Snow Day!

We had our first snow day here in Lincoln, Ne on Wednesday, December 19, 2012! Of course there was lots of ice & snow, and the kiddos didn't have school on Thursday. We decided to take them outside to play and to build a snowman. My kiddos had a blast. They had a snowball fight, made snow angels, and with Glenn's help, built a pretty awesome snow girl. Hoping to have more snow this winter so we can have more fun days playing in the snow.
 
Yule/Christmas

We didn't do a lot for Yule or Christmas. Mostly stayed home and spent time together as a family. The kids opened part of their presents on Yule and the rest on Christmas Day. We celebrate both because I'm Pagan and my hubby is Lutheran. We have lots of holidays to celebrate in our house. Anyway, I decided to fix a meal between the 2 holidays instead of fixing 2 separate meals. It's just easier that way. My kiddos had a great holiday. Half their presents were tings they needed like bedding sets, new dish sets, pillows, etc. The other half of their presents were toys and stuff to entertain them like remote control cars, puzzles, and play-doh kits. I have to thank Toys for Tots for the clothes and toys, Glenn, Glenn's mother and step-grandparents for the Christmas money they sent, Lincoln Federal Savings Bank for the food boxes, and Glenn's dad and his dad's girlfriend for the clothes they bought. My kids wouldn't have had a Christmas without them. We had a great holiday.
 




Thank you to Lincoln Berean Church for taking pics of my kiddos and for the free photo package.
 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment