Friday, November 9, 2012

End of October, Beginning of November

I haven't done a post on here in over a month so I thought that I would share what I have been doing lately. I'm going to start with Halloween. The night before Halloween we carved the huge pumpkins that we had bought from Walmart. I cleaned them out and Glenn did the carving. The pumpkins turned out pretty good. The kids had a blast on Halloween. We went to Glenn's dad's house and ate supper, got the kiddos ready, and took them trick or treating. Brendan was a dragon, Landon was a skeleton, Brianne was a witch, and Hailey was the wicked queen from Snow White.




Glenn and I applied for early voting this year. We filled out the cards and sent them in and then got our ballots in the mail. We filled them out, but instead of mailing them we took them in just to make sure they didn't get lost any where. We are Democrats living in a Republican state so we don't really trust people. Both of us vote to re-elect Barack Obama as President, Joe Biden for Vice President, and Bob Kerrey to replace Ben Nelson in the Senate. Bob Kerrey lost to a Teabagger named Deb Fischer who I believe to be looney tunes. Obama & Biden did win and will remain President & Vice President and I was super thrilled that they had won that I posted a ton of posts about it for several days on facebook. I lost about 15 or more facebook friends, but also made some new ones. Politics seems to bring out the crazy in some people.

 
 
I've been trying to get some of my Twisted Witches items sold. I have my website up and running again and I have about 2/3 of my products posted on there. Things are going very slow. I've hardly sold anything and there are days were I want to break down and cry, because I feel like a failure. I just need to remember that everything is not going to be sold over night and it's going to take a while to spread the word about my business. I would like to get more products to sell, but I have to sell some of the stuff that I have so that I can have money to order more items. Holding out hope because I really want this to work. http://www.twistedwitches.com/
 
This week we had to go to parent/teacher conferences. McPhee was also having their book fair. I walked around the school with the kiddos to visit all their teachers. Hailey is doing really good. Brianne is doing well, but still having trouble with spelling and reading. I have to take here in and get her checked for epilepsy. She's showing signs of having mini seizures. We are having problems with her lying and stealing like most ADHD kids do. Landon is doing better this year, but never wants to do his homework. He's still struggling with his speech and following directions. Brendan is doing pretty good in preschool. He's not used to going to school so sometimes he doesn't want to participate in learning activities. He's getting better though, but he also has a speech problem, but not nearly as bad as Landon's. All the kiddos are amazing at Math, so that's awesome. After visiting with the teachers we went to the library and let each of the kiddos pick out a book and pencil. I saw a book that I might like so got myself one as well. When I paid for the books I got $5.05 back in change which I donated to the library to help raise money for new books.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment