Friday, September 23, 2011

Latest From The Smallwood Household

A lot has been going on at our house the last several weeks. Our fridge quite working and we had to get a new one. Then our DVD player stopped working, so we replaced it with a Blu-Ray player. I have to say that I love the Blu-Ray Player. I recently purchased the first 7 Harry Potter movies because until recently I had only seen a couple of the movies. I have watched them all now and I can't believe how amazing they are. Just the creativity and design that goes into these types of movies is amazing. Not to mention the story line is amazing and addictive. J.K. Rowling, I believe, is an lovely woman with an amazing imagination. I haven't read the books yet, but if they are anything like the movies then I'm sure they are just as brilliant. I look forward to buying them one day. I also purchased the movie Thor. It's an interesting movie and the effects were amazing. I liked the movie and look forward to seeing the sequel.

September 15th, 2011 was my son Landon's 5th birthday. The years are going by quickly. It was a school day so he took some treats (juice boxes and goldfish crackers) to school that day to share with his class. He got a birthday crown from his teacher. After school, we picked up his presents and cake. We invited a few people over and celebrated his birthday. He had a great time. He's into super heros so we bought him a few super hero toys and some clothes. My husband is also taking him and our other son Brendan to the Dinosaur Museum soon as part of their birthday presents. Brendan's birthday is also this month on September 25th, 2011. He will be 3 in a few days.



Last weekend I went to Marysville to visit my mom and my sister and her family. It was fun. I got down there late again, thanks to my kiddos and hubby being slow. We grilled out and talked a lot. We stayed Saturday night and Sunday we hung out and visited some more. I didn't get to see my mom much because she had to work. I spent a few hours taking Senior Pics of my neice Britney. She's a wonderful girl, and we recently found out she is pregnant. She's 17 and the baby was not planned at all, so it shocked us all. My niece is very responsible and was taking precautions, but stuff still happens no matter how careful you are. She'll be an amazing mother though and I'm really happy for her. She's more mature then most girls her age, so I'm sure she can handle it. The following are a few of the pics I took of her.






While in Marysville, KS I went to the local walmart and found some items I just had to buy. I found a 52 piece Incense gift set. I bought 2 one for me and one for my sister. I also found a 5 headed dragon incense burner that I thought was awesome. I got Dragon's blood cone incense to burn in it. The smoke fills the inside of the dragon statue and then comes out of holes in the dragon's heads which are in the mouth and the ears. It's kinda of cool to watch and the incense smell amazing.







We also recently added another cat to our family. An all black, female kitten who we named Midnight. I think the cat is crazy though. She has a major attitude. I guess that makes her fit in well here. Midnight was an early birthday present for Hailey. Her birthday is on Halloween so we thought a black cat would be the perfect gift. Hailey is doing very well in school and she is taking very good care of the kitten so I feel as though it was a good gift. I forgot how active kittens are and this one like to try and climb my leg all the time and try to attack everyone when she's playing. She sure is cute though and fun to have around. My other cat, Fat Joe, is less then thrilled that she's here. He seems annoyed by her and isn't afraid to smack her around. He seems like he is getting more and more used to her so hopefully one day they will get along.




This is some of the recent things going on in my life right now. I haven't blogged in a while so I figured I'd put all my latest news in one post. Brendan's birthday is coming up and I have other things that are going on that I will have to come back and blog about later, but this is it for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment