Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Current and Future Plans



A while ago I blogged about having an idea to sell my own products to make a little cash on the side. I figured every little bit helps when I'm a stay at home mom and Glenn is the only one working right now. So, my new business adventure has begun. The last couple weekends I've been making bath salts to sell. I plan on making my own shampoo, conditioner, bath wash, lotion, bar soap, and candles. All of these will be hand made by myself. I plan on doing this a little each week until income tax time where I can buy and make the rest of what I don't already have done. This way I can have enough items and variety of items to have a large sale. Almost everyone I know or have met loves homemade stuff like this and they will make great gifts. I also figure these are good items to make because women are constantly buying this stuff. I have also been making herbal tinctures for the last couple of months which I will also be selling. For now I will sell the stuff at yard sales, city wide sales, and so on. I still plan on doing photography on the side. My mom and my sister, Jenny have showed interest in what I'm doing and want to help. My mom is very talented at making jewelry so that will be another item to sell. I hope to someday open a shop for myself, sister, and mother to run and have my niece and my girls also help if they choose. A family business that we can be proud of, that is all I want. Also, being self employed has it's advantages like setting your own hours and pay. I know having our own little shop is quite a few years away and we first have to see how well our products sell. I can't wait to get these products made and hope once money start coming in we can add more items like herbs, oils, sleep pillows, and so on. Our own Pagan store, that is my future goal. Blessed be.




No comments:

Post a Comment