Thursday, October 13, 2011

So Tired!

Lately I've been really feeling the effects of my anemia (iron deficiency) and lucky me, I have no health insurance. Do I want health coverage? Yes. Do I qualify? No, not that I have found so far that have reasonable payments. But anyway back to what I was saying. Being anemic sucks. Between the fatigue, nausea, headaches it's getting annoying. So, going to get some women's multivitamins with iron and see if that helps.

A mild case of the stomach flu went thru our house. My 6 year old daughter and 5 year old son were the only ones who got sick. I hate when anyone in our family gets the flu. It's a miserable time and I feel bad watching my kids be sick and knowing nothing can help. You think with all our advances in science we would have something to cure the stomach flu. Instead we get to hear a doctor say we just have to let it run it's course and we'll be better in a few days. So annoying.

Another reason I haven't had a blog post lately is because I have been following the Occupy Wall Street movement. I find the whole thing fascinating and exciting. I knew with the bad economy and the horrible laws that are trying to be passed, that it was only a matter of time before people were out in the streets protesting and wanting things to change. I think it's disturbing that the Wall Street folks in New York decided to sit out on the balcony and mock the protesters while sipping champagne. Really, I don't think they could be more smug or bigger assholes then they already are. And let's not forget the NYPD who are beating, pepper spraying, and arresting peaceful protesters. I guess that's what happens when those who vow to serve and protect receive millions from Wall Street to crush the little guys. But, I will do a full blog post on this later.

I have also been busy with doctors appointments, dentist appointments, and field trips. The kids ususally do all these things in the fall and in the spring so those are busy times for us. Fall and winter are super busy for our family with all the holidays and the kids' birthdays. We try to do our best as a low income family to make birthdays and holidays special for our kiddos. Thank goodness our kids are little and are happy with anything they get.

Well, I need to get off of here and get my kiddos ready for their dentist appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment